spots

Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Highlights -California

Wish they all could be Cali-fornia giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirls......................

After our trip to Utah/Las Vegas, we spent a brief three days in Arizona before heading off to California. I love California. It is where I was born, where I lived the majority of my life, and where my heart feels at home. Maybe because it has the greatest weather ever. Never too hot nor too cold, dry enough to not ruin your hair, moist enough your skin doesn't crack and look overly wrinkly. And if the hair/skin issues aren't enough to convince you, there's also the Pacific Ocean, the amazing shopping, the gorgeous coastline....

It was also the site of my fabulous friends rendez-vous this trip.

Tammy, Jessica, me, Paige. They are beautiful, witty, intelligent, funny, brave, fashionable, loyal and inspiring and I'm eternally grateful to have them in my life, and I write more about that right now because I'm in the sad part of re-entry and will get too sappy for a blog.

We had such a great time talking, shopping, chatting, eating, gossiping, site-seeing, and talking. Tammy has me decked out in Katie Holmes sunglasses because I am sunglasses impaired, and I need someone to put them on my head and make me wear them.
Here Mario has departed from the world-renowned Argentine method of bbq over coals to perpare us dinner on Tammy's beautiful gas grill. Comparing this experience to the 3 hours it took him to make 5 hamburgers at my firend Janette's house here in Rosario, I'm guessing he's fully converted to the efficient gas method.
At Tammy's we also discovered Guitar Hero. It's already on our list for the next trip. Mario has found his inner rocker. Maybe it will inspire him to loosen up enough to not tuck in his shirts.
Mario on the beach near La Jolla.
Gabe in front of the temple in Newport Beach.
Gabe having his first touch of the Pacific Ocean in La Jolla Cove. He was fascinated by the roar of the waves and was just staring curiously at the water, but was a little fearful, or perhaps just rather cold? when I put his feet in.

Our visit was not longh enough.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful photos! We loved having you, and it was so fun hosting all of you for the "Rendez-Vous", so we should all do it again! We really had the most perfect weather....70 degrees F in the winter, clear skies and perfect for beach going, shopping and eating outdoors. So much fun! It was so nice to see you. It makes me remember what a real, sweet, smart, conscientious person that you are, and how much I wished we lived closer....as if I ever doubted it? Well, next time we will do more hikes, BBQs and chocolate covered bananas!

Celia Fae said...

I love seeing those girlfriend photos over and over. I'm so glad you had such a great American visit.

Now let's talk about Gabe. Uh. Yeah, he's cute enough. Hope I get to view him with my eyes someday.