spots

Thursday, February 28, 2008

February Updates

Yesterday I went to Buenos Aires alone to apply for Gabe's Social Security number at the embassy, and then just cruised around for the afternoon enjoying the city. I took my camera so I could record my trip for my blog audience. I was peacefully strolling in the botanical garden, gazing up and about to determine the best spot to take a picture, when I almost tripped over something. When I looked down, I discovered a cat, in the process of dying, eyes bulging out and pulsing and leeking blood. I screamed, turned around and high-tailed it to the relative safety of the mall, so no pictures.

Instead I will have to placate you with random photo update of the month. Saturday we went to the temple in Buenos Aires to support a family in our ward who got sealed. While we were inside some friends watched Gabe and he had a great time playing in the flowers, the fountain, the grass...all the places you are supposed to gaze at tranquilly and not actually play in.

While we then waited for our friends to finish their session in the temple, we decided to teach Gabe to drive so that he could beat his cousin Colton, who at the age of eight is already allowed to operate the ranger (golf cart sort of thing) solo.
Gabe mostly just spends his days finding ways to stand up. It's hilarious to watch him crawl because he tries to crawl on his toes, rather than use his knees. He was quite pleased when he discovered that his bed has all these great knobs to grip while he hoists himself up. When he does achieve standing without having pulled a chair down on top of him, he stands on his toes, with the toes rolled under. I will try to get a picture to show you, as it's quite a talent.


His favorite place to stand is beside the bidet in the bathroom. He is not at all concerned that is is used exclusively for the cleaning of bottoms, he thinks it is a very fun toy and has even succeeded in turning the water on all by himself...which then sprays directly up and soaks the entire bathroom...
He has also shown himself to be quite efficient at unrolling mom's expensive toilet paper. (I'm the only person I know who doesn't buy the cheap, 1-ply, unquilted, scratchy toilet paper that absorbs NOTHING!)
But not to worry, toilet paper is relatively clean, and thus much less interesting than the bidet. If the bathroom door is closed to prevent him from entering, he also likes to tip over the garbage can in the kitchen.

Wardrobe credits from this photo shoot go to Cade. Thank you for donating all of your old clothes, clearly we use them!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Paige would have taken a picture of the cat.

You look very lovely in your temple picture.

Jane continues to lick everything and she's gross and so I seriously have instituted consequences for when she lets things touch her tongue (fingers, McDONALDS TABLES, books) that don't fall into the food category.

Something for you to look forward to when he's out of his toilet phase.

Paige said...

The cat would have freaked me out too. I would have sent Fifi back with the camera to take a picture. She loves dead things.

How did he get so big so fast? He is just so cute, I'm sure he thought the steering wheel was equally tasty.

Celia Fae said...

I've started carrying hand sanitizer in my bag again. It makes me feel psycho just thinking of the microbes. Funny, I don't care about the rest of my kids.

Your Gabe is to die for. So much chubbiness. I'm glad you are enjoying him.

Anonymous said...

Adrianne- He is soo cute and the temple pic's are too. Cade is happy to give baby babe his clothes. This morning he was in bed with me and he was talking about you ashreeanne... baby babe,and uncle John. He is so funny. We keep talking about you all the time so he won't forget between visits. Love you so much.

Anonymous said...

I had to do it anonymous because I can't remember my password...but it's Misty

Mindy said...

you and mario have some fabulous genes. gabe is adorable chubbiness. just the way i like em'. i love that he is such an explorer! dying animals in a botanical garden? my condolences.

Ashley said...

Total freak out, but the kind of freak out our youngest sister Lindsay thinks is fantastic. I am sure she will be sorely disappointed.

I'm w/ Jessica. Why don't we ever talk anymore? I hate Christina, the time change she's instituted, & her clumpy eye lashes.

Erika said...

Yuck about the cat. but, you look great in the temple photo. Connor is also in the standing up on everything phase. I think the opening cupboard - pulling everything out phase is next... I'm dreading that one.

wackywilsons said...

I loved your blog about the bathing suit...so funny to imagine nasty abuelas in bathing suits that are not attractive...what is up with that?

So, you going to sport a bikini now to help feel non frumpy? I thought your polka dot tankini was cute.

Gabe is adorable, just re-fold the TP and you guys should be in great shape! I always enjoy seeing your house pics and how you decorate stuff too...