spots

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Everything I need to know I learned from TAMMY

Some good friends' of ours are getting married in a few weeks, and I proposed to host a bridal shower for the bride. I was informed that people do not have bridal showers here, they have sort of modified bachelorette parties which include dressing up the bride or groom in an outrageous and hopefully embarrassing costume, and parading them about town. If you are male, this involves you being hauled about in the trunk of the car, and if you are not Mormon, doing this naked.

Thus my little cake and tea affair was axed and it was decided that we would dress very conservative Jazmin as a very sexy Cat Woman. We blew up balloons for her chest, padded her rear with shoulder pads (they might have come from Jessica's stash...) and dressed her in skin-tight black with accessories. We then drove her about, and as everyone sat in the car smiling, I rolled down the windows and was calling to boys driving by, gave her a candy necklace and was finding boys to eat the candies off, asking them to show Jazmin their tattoos, etc. The other girls, who have never seen me without Mario by my side, thought I was completely out of control. Tammy would have been proud. I would say it was kind of like being single again, only it's a completely different experience to flirt and prance about knowing that you're going to see your husband shortly, and you feel your milk coming in for your baby at home. Much more liberating!

We found this amazing modern art installation that was a perfect photo backdrop for Jazmin.
We met up with Mario and the groom at a restaurant later.
Two boys from Cordoba I had following us in the car. Jazmin is mortified.

4 comments:

Lorena said...

Yeah, those Argentine people are FREAKS!! I need to find the pictures from when my parents had their "parties". I believe my Dad is wearing women's clothing...and if you knew him, you would be apalled!

I'm glad you got to get out and get some giggles. LOL about your milk, like that would NEVER happen to me!

Celia Fae said...

I'm proud of you for letting loose on those Argentine, Argentinian, people from Argentina. Party on Wayne.

Jessica said...

This is why I allow you to live there: I LOVE the insight into the real life, culture, etc. of somewhere else. Thanks for sharing.

Did you have a convertible Rabbit and a Taco Bell? That's the only way to really enjoy a night flirting with boys.

Tammy said...

Good job Adrianne, A smart girl knows that she must always insert flirtation, a little taunting, confidence, sassiness in order to truly feel liberation! I am so glad you brought all of that to your Argentine Bachelorette Party!