spots

Monday, August 20, 2007

A Week In Review

Saturday
We went to the wedding reception of some friends, and I had a STAR SIGHTING!!! Okay, not really, but this guy seriously looked like Luke Wilson so I stared at him all night and then he totally caught me taking his picture, but I'm the crazy foreigner so no one pays me much mind...
Family pic. too bad you can't see my shoes because they were the hottest part of my outfit.

Sunday
I'm making Apple Pie for Sunday dinner. Mario says he doesn't like cinnamon, but I think he just doesn't know the he DOES in fact like cinnamon. So I make good ol' American Apple Pie. Mario smells it and asks if it has cinnamon. I tell Mario it doesn't have any cinnamon in it, only nutmeg. I swear to this. He eats the apple pie and loves it. His whole family eats the apple pie and loves it. I admit it is possible some cinnamon FELL into the apple pie, but since he liked the pie he must like cinnamon!! Clearly I am prepared to raise children and broaden their pallets.

Monday
I took Gabe on an exciting outing on the bus to go run some errands. He had huge eyes like this the whole time, looking at everything. When we got home, he had a really hard time going down for a nap. I think this is what the baby books call "over stimulated".

Tuesday
I finally bought Gabe a bath tub! He loves it, although he already seems too long for it...


Wednesday
This is Gabe learning to self-feed so that mom can do other, more important things. Like read her friends' blogs.
Thursday
Gabe needed his diaper changed, but I didn't have any more diapers in the basket where I change him. So I put him on his super fun play mat from Tammy while I went to get more diapers. On the way, I had to pass the computer, so I sat down for a quick read of every one's blogs. He didn't fuss, so I kept reading...I don't really know how much later, I checked on him and he was sacked out. He had to stay in his dirty diaper because mom was too busy blogging to change him. Perhaps that is why I got an addiction rating of 74% on the test from Paige's blog.
Friday
Cousin Pilar came to visit, and she liked Gabe a little better this time around. Although she commented that he doesn't have many good toys...

**note: either these two events didn't really happen on different days, or I let my kid wear the same clothes two days in a row. I will not admit to which one it was...

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Now that's the kind of detail I like to see! I can bear that you live a billion miles away if you give us a daily recap!

And who doesn't like cinnamon? That's just crazy and I'm glad you were all sneaky...that's exactly how I get my kids to eat everything.

And, when they poop and pee and spit up on their clothes every half hour, it is entirely possible that you could have gone through his whole wardrobe between those two days! (he's still cute!)

Paige said...

That baby is adorable. I love the cinnamon-less DEEP dish apple pie. Next time please take a picture of your shoes, also. Did you notice I didn't blog yesterday? I feel great shame.

Lorena said...

What is it with those Argentine people and cinnamon? My Mom can't stand cinnamon either. She claims she gets nauseous just from the smell. So annoying...I must test her on that...but I am glad you got your redemption!

And, as the mother of triplets who are 7 now, a little dirty diaper never hurt no one!

Did you note the totally Argentine looking picture on my blog. My Mom sent me a picture of me when I was 2. You'll see a resemblance to Gabe.

I think I am going to add you to my list on my blog because I always go to Jessica's to then click on yours. I'm cutting out the middle man!

Celia Fae said...

1. That guy does look like Luke. Sell his photo to US Weekly and make some dollars.
2. Hello, Mario is the hottest part of your outfit.
3.Gabe self-feeding is an awesome idea. When you gotta blog, you gotta blog.

Tammy said...

I love the updates! You are so funny, I just crack up at your foreign chick stories.....dudes on scooters delivering pharmacy items, are you kidding?