spots

Thursday, August 23, 2007

That's What I Call Service

There are some good things about Argentina, here is my daily positive thought. Our insurance company pays the baby's formula for the first three months, as long as we have a prescription from the doctor. Gabe only drinks formula about once per day, but he has been really constipated and the formula's the only thing we can think of that would be causing it. So I called the doctor to get a different kind of milk. I got a prescription from the doctor, but didn't want to go to the pharmacy. So I called the pharmacy and told them I had a prescription, could they please bring the formula to my house. Only problem, I couldn't read the doctor's writing. So they sent someone to my house to get the prescription, take it back to the pharmacy, and then bring me back the formula. When they came back, I had gone out to lunch (no, I could not pick up the milk while I was out to lunch!) So they returned a third time to my house when I got home to bring me the milk.

So I'm really bugged when I don't think Mario gets paid what he deserves, but really happy when guys on scooters are so cheap the pharmacy can send three delivery guys to my house in one day without charging me.

7 comments:

Julie said...

you live the life! I take the umbrella stroller when I travel by bus or metro. I took my regular stroller when we had family in town and this lady freaked out that my in law had brought the stroller on the bus she kept yelling at us that stroller are not allowed on the bus. She totally wigged out, I almost lost it. Its still a challenge but the umbrella stroller is the only way to travel on the metro system.

Paige said...

Wow, I wonder what else they will deliver. Sometimes the inefficiency is so inefficient it's actually efficient for you!

Celia Fae said...

I wonder if they could deliver some ambien to me right now. Along with a little vicodin for my head. Do you get fancy drugs there?

Jessica said...

I seriously think you should live in the wonderful country forever. I have to drive all the way to Walgreens for my prescriptions and it's really far. Did I mention yet that I fully support your decision to live in the rich country of Argentina? Maybe I should move down there with you, that is how supportive I am.

wackywilsons said...

A few things to say...yes, blogging does take over ones life..right now I should be picking up my house, packing a lunch for the park and attending to Austin since he has some krazy glue in his hand...but, instead I am blogging to you! Goes to say, having Gabe feed himself with the boppy is a great idea!

That guy totally looked like Luke Wilson, I agree!

You are a woman of many talents, inlucing baking. Has Mario tried Key Lime Pie? I am sure that is unheard of there...I have a simple recipe if you want it...it's called, "Ice box pie" and very easy to make....those simple flavors (like Ranch dressing, BBQ sauce and Lime is such a luxury in Argentina and I want you to have them too!)

I love love love reading blogs...and send a pic of your hot "mama posh" shoes from your last pic....and leggings by the way are coming back in style, watch out!

Martababe said...

I just started reading blogs again. I've been a little busy and out of it lately (house stuff) but I LOVE LOVE all your pictures. It makes me miss you so much. I love the family picture from the wedding reception. I want to hold your cute baby. I still can't get over all that HAIR. I'm a little jealous because my girl still has none.

Love ya

Nortorious said...

Do you need prescriptions for drugs or is everything over the counter? My baby was constipated. She went 14 days without pooping. What's your record? We used a small suppository and it was a big event.