spots

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Feliz Cumpleaños...

...that's how they say it in Spain. (some word I never could say) in German it means the same...

Why does that song immediately pop into my head when I say "feliz cumpleaños"?? Anyway...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARIO!!

Today my beloved husband turns 32, and a few friends are coming over tonight. Inspired by Linsey's comments on cupcakes, I decided to make cupcakes. But they are not turning out very well, so I best get back in the kitchen and try to salvage something... It's true what Lindsey says: cupcakes - and cakes in general- just don't come out the same here.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

The reason that that song jumped into your head is because it is from your true language and country and it was trying to tell you to MOVE BACK. (sorry Mario, I really try to be at peace with your family's location and I'm sure Adrianne is happy there. The problem is, you two went and had a baby and now that makes it way worse for the rest of us here in America. Happy birthday!)

Paige said...

Feliz Cumpleanos a ti, dearest Mario. I say stick with the brownies, they can be frosted and don't have to be light and fluffy.

Linsey said...

Ditto to Jessica, ditto to Paige. Happy Birthday Mario -- so young that one! Sorry about the cupcakes, I really, really feel your pain!